For the past few months I’ve been dropping hints about all of the changes that I had planned around these parts, and now the time has come! Or, it’s at least on the horizon and I wanted to clue you all in.
My Life as a Teacup has been around for four, almost five years, and frankly, I just haven’t been happy with blogging lately. Most days I felt completely uninspired to write, and when I would sit down at my computer, I couldn’t help but feel like I was writing the same, content-less posts each week. Blogging became a chore, and not one that I looked forward to.
When I sat down and really looked at my content, I realized there wasn’t much content there. Don’t get me wrong — I still think gratitude lists are important, for instance, but frankly, my weeks aren’t that interesting, and I’d rather provide you with content that will help you level up your literary bad self.
On top of it all, I realized I was posting almost every day of the week! Blogging was ruling my life, and not in a good way.
So I took a look at my posts and my editorial calendar, and asked myself, “Is this the best place for this content?” Then I made a list of things I want to write about, did some soul-searching, and felt a lot better about the type of resource this blog could become. Because let’s face it: blogging ain’t what it used to be!
What changes can you expect?
- You won’t see posts as frequently here on the My Life as a Teacup blog, but that’s so that I can bring you more long-form essays, content-packed articles, and guides for reading, writing, and organizing.
- Two features — For the Love of a Linguaphile and Things I Love Thursday — will be going away…
- …but not entirely. They’ll be relocating to my new monthly newsletter, Inklings. You’ll still be able to add (even more!) new words to your growing vocabulary, as well as see my personal gratitude list, but they’ll be shorter, sweeter, and more to the point.
- Inklings will also be the home to longer literary opinion pieces and tricks of the trade for avid readers, bloggers, and aspiring writers of all types. Subscribe to Inklings now so you don’t miss all of the writing advice, hot topics, and freebies (and get the nifty “library wishlist” printable below!)
- Smitten will be sticking around, but I’ll also be introducing a new series in 2015 that focuses on frequently-asked grammar questions. Together we can eradicate Grammar Fails around the world! Or at least at your local grocery store. Maybe.
- My booktube channel will continue to host book reviews, reading tags, and other fun, literary topics. Stay in the know by subscribing to the My Life as a Teacup Youtube channel (I have a hunch your reading list will grow if you do!).
- Starting in 2015, I’ll be offering editing and writing consultation services! I’m still hashing out the details, but I’m super excited to be able to work one-on-one with you as you take on new projects, novels, classes, posts — you name it!
- I’ve got an e-book in the works, and while it’s still in its early stages, I’m excited to publish a resource and guide for all of your blog post-writing needs. If you’ve got any burning post-writing questions, send me an email and I’ll be sure to address your question.
On the backend of things, I will be making the move to WordPress within the next few months. I shouldn’t need to take the site offline (thanks to a dear friend who helped fix the major problem I was having) and will be trying to keep the general chaos to a minimum.
These changes will be rolling out gradually; for instance, you’ll still find For the Love of a Linguaphile posts here on the blog each Monday until the new year. But hold on to your hats, as before you know it, My Life as a Teacup will have a whole new look!
The ‘Library’s Most Wanted’ printable comes in two sizes: an 8 1/2″ by 11″ full size, as well as a personal-size insert for your Filofax for a library list you can take with you at all times! Sign up for Inklings to download your copy (and pass it on!)