Play along and link up in the comments!! 😀
Regional Dialect Meme
Say These Words: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting Image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
Now answer these questions:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
I do love my city, really I do, but sometimes I can’t take our dialect seriously 🙂 (Pittsburgh Dad? Yeah, totally sounds like some family of mine…)Have you done the meme? What words do we Pittsburghers say horribly incorrectly? Soda or pop?